Monday, June 4, 2012

UPDATE: Potato Towers

Well, I have been attempting to grow potatoes in towers for 23 days.  This is a new experience for me, so I am trying to document it as I go along.  I've been a little slow in posting so I have two updates to share.  I noticed the first plants sprouting on May 27th...15 days after planting the seed potatoes.  Here is what they looked like:

A potato plant at the very top of one of the towers

A couple plants growing on the side of a tower



Since then, the plants have really started growing.  We can see them from inside our house now.  It's exciting to watch.  Here are some pictures I took today (June 4th - 23 days after planting).


The same plant from the first picture above.


Here is one of the towers.  You can see all the plants growing around it.


I'm enjoying this fun experiment.  So far it is going well!  Can't wait to see if we get some potatoes from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment