Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Sunday Afternoon

So, I had all these plans for today.  I wanted to do some laundry, wash some dishes, clean up the house a little, read more of "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins, and perhaps do a little writing on the scifi novel that I started recently.  Instead, my son asked me to make Radiator Springs from the Disney Pixar Cars movies.  I had attempted this once before and it was destroyed quickly, so I was relectant to try...BUT...he kept pestering me, so I gave in and here are the results:

RADIATOR SPRINGS


FILLMORE'S ORGANIC FUEL, SARGE'S SURPLUS HUT,
& ORNAMENTAL VALLEY MECHANICAL CLINIC


FLO'S V8 CAFE & RAMONE'S BODY ART


COURTHOUSE/FIRE DEPT & LUIGI'S CASA DE LA TIRES


LIZZIE'S CURIO SHOP, THE COZY CONE MOTEL,
& TOW MATER'S


This was far more effort than I really wanted to exert on an unnecessary project today, but it turned out pretty good and Jakob loves it.  Fun to find uses for the numerous sheets of cardboard that I still have from my job back in Illinois (which I left 8 years ago).  Ka Chow!!!


1 comment: